Saturday, September 24, 2011

quilts of the past

Fenestre Ouverte by Matisse





In June 2011, Victoria (www.15minutesplay.com) issued a challenge.  Take a work of art for inspiration, use solid fabric only, and create a 15"x15" quilt to swap with another challenge member.

I chose this picture.

I created the quilt on an island in Maine with no electricity, so the whole thing was hand pieced and hand quilted.

I tried several versions before I was satisfied.















This is the quilt I sent off to Laura.  I called it "Fragments of Matisse" or "Views from a Window."


under the influence of 15 minutes play! -  Kathy

1 comment:

  1. I love your little Matisse quilt, and your giant crumb assortment...what a treat. Karin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback.... I enjoy hearing from you.