Finishes:Crumbs and Behind Bars were quilted just before I left Michigan. I finally got the bindings done.
I backed the crumb quilt with a piece of red seersucker and narrow strips of floral fabric. I brought the backing around to the front as binding.
|Crumbs. queen futon.|
|detail of Crumbs. Note: six inch ruler for scale.|
Behind Bars has a rather plain creamy backing and striped binding.
|detail - Behind Bars|
Off the wall and waiting for further action...You gotta listen to your quilt. I made this red /green liberated medallion before I moved and planned on adding to it. This fall I put another border on it. I thought I'd be adding more borders, but everything I tried just didn't work. The quilt said, "STOP". So I did.
|this quilt said STOP!|
Nine-patch rejects revivedLast month I was going through one of my boxes and found a lot of nine-patches that were from an exchange I participated in many years ago. I decided on a whim to use them up (now or never). Of course, this was supposed to be a quick project. Not so fast! More than a few of these blocks were cut smaller than the needed 3.5 inch dimensions, or were sewn crookedly. At first I un-sewed a few and put them back together. That was a chore. Then I remembered Gwen Marston's mantra,"If it is too small, add on; if it is too big, cut it off". Bingo!
|9-patch detail. Note strips added to the red/green square|
|3 inch 9-patch|
I am so happy to have an empty design wall. I get to play again!
Wishing all of you a pleasant holiday and a Happy New Year!