Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New'Bee Blocks put together

I am a player in the  New'Bee quilt bee . The focus is using 'made fabric' (aka scraps) as much as possible.  January was my month to share my design ideas.  I asked the ladies to make a 100% 'made fabric' block like this:



















I have received all the blocks and I've made a few to complete the design.  Today I sewed them all together.  I'm thrilled with the results.  The fabrics are amazingly varied, while the blocks are quite similar.




















I love playing with blocks that make secondary patterns. .. little pinwheels, big pinwheels, hour-glass, big square, small squares, and 3-D.  When I first planned it, I was thinking only pinwheels.  The more I look at it, the more I see.  How about you?



4 comments:

  1. This is amazing. I love how it came together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally cool, but what do you mean by "made" fabric? To me, it means you have dyed & printed it. Nevertheless, I love the visual impact of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool! I've been working my way down throughh my scrap boxes...I started with strings and blocks, now HST's, then I need to make some fabric with all the bits...you KNOW I save EVERYTHING!!

    LOve the triangle blocks from the previous posts, as well.

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, and it certainly does expand past pin wheels....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback.... I enjoy hearing from you.